Friday, August 1, 2008

Bonfires

Since I am sitting at home sick today I decided what better time then now to update my blog! The last week has been a busy one with Mike's, birthday, 24th of July BBQ, Alpha Meetings, and other random stuff... Last night was so nice to just sit with Mike by the fire and relax, talk, and eat smores. Mike has been telling me ever since we started dating (and from what I hear, he's been talking about it for years) that he wanted a fire pit for his back yard. Well he always said he was going to buy one but we just never did go look at them. So I decided that would be a good present for his birthday. After must stress (because his mom said she didn't want him to have one at their house) I ended up getting him one. It was the best idea ever because now I get to enjoy a fire whenever I want to and Mike is always up for playing with his blow torch and chopping wood with his hatchet (thanks Taylor and Ash). I need to start taking more pictures but below are some pictures from Mike's birthday when he was building his first fire in the new fire pit. :)
Mike chopping wood for the fire... Taylor assisting

The pretty set up of the wood:)

Lighting the fire!

Mike's Parents and sister awaiting the masterpiece

Ashley and I super excited for Smores!

Mike thinking about chopping Taylor!

The final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment