Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Blessed!

Last week I went with my friend Katie to the Martina McBride concert. It was amazing! Right when we got there, we were playing around the K-bull stand and they were doing a contest for 2 row tickets. They gave you a number and you were supposed to call it and caller 15 got the seats. Well I just happened to be caller 15. I swear I am never lucky but for some reason I won! We were so excited! The seats were amazing and we walked right up to stage for the whole concert. I had been sick all day and was kinda drugged up on benedryl (thanks Katie) but it was worth it for sure. I have tons of amazing pictures to post but not here at work so I will have to post them later. But one song of hers that has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days is called Blessed. Here are the lyrics for those of you who like to read what songs are about (Mike)...
Blessed
I get kissed by the sun each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door
Sometimes I sit on my front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place
I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed
Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift
Repeat Chorus
When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me I know
Repeat Chorus
This song is one of my favorites because I don't think we all realize how much we are blessed in this life. I am so blessed in my life to have so many people that care about me. I am so grateful for the gospel, Mike, My family, friends, and all the opportunities that come to me everyday! Thanks to everyone who has made my life what it is today! (I promise to post pictures from the concert soon and maybe even a video)

4 comments:

  1. I love that song too! Don't you love when songs make you think about stuff like that? I'm so jealous you got such good tickets! I never have luck like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! I am so blessed to be part of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking love your guts. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey barbara! Long time no see! I loved your post, it was so sweet. It made me miss you all that much more. I'm sorry I've been such a slacker about calling you...Kids are just a huge distraction. But, I love you and hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete