Friday, July 5, 2013

Jordyn 2.5

Jordyn is officially 2 1/2. She is so funny and so full of life. I love watching her play and seeing how her mind works. She is really into babies right now and takes really good care of her baby. She loves to feed, burp and change her baby. Some days baby has to get dressed before she can and we have to put baby in her car seat before Jordyn will get in hers.

She started climbing out of her crib and after Mike catching her right before she went head first, we decided it was time for her to be in a toddler bed. She has been doing good and has just started to realize her freedom. For the first month or so, she would just cry for us. But now she will just come out in the morning. Bedtime has gotten a little harder now because she is always stalling before nap or bed. Her favorite line is "Mommy, I need something" then when I ask her what, she has to hurry and try to think of something.

She says the funniest things and I wish I had been keeping track of things as she says them because now I am having a hard time remembering them. When we tell her no and she doesn't like that answer she will start to cry and say "Mommy, you broke my heart" She always is telling me stories about a princess named Shelbie who lives in a castle. She will walk back to her room to get a toy and then come RUNNING as fast as she can to me, yelling, COOKIE MONSTERS!! We are trying to teach her the Monsters are funny not scary.

She LOVES to be outside. Loves to play in the sandbox, ride her scooter or wiggle car, go for walks to the swings and big slide, go swimming at the pool and look for friends to play with. She is so social and loves to be the center of attention.

She has started to be a little more demanding to mom and we are working on her manners. But to everyone else she is very polite. :) She is officially potty trained. We started back in April but then did pull ups for about a month and then in May she just caught on. She is really good about telling us when she needs to go and very rarely does she have an accident. We are still doing pull-ups at night but most days she wakes up dry.

We love Jordyn so much! I love her pictures that Amy did except for the fact that she looks SOOOOOO grown up!














No comments:

Post a Comment