So Mike is working a lot this weekend and Jordyn and I are just hanging out at home! I was kinda dreading it but then I remember that Jordyn goes to bed at 7:00 pm so that means I get a whole night to myself. I was thinking of all the things I was going to accomplish and trying to decide if I was going to fold laundry and watch a movie, or paint some new cute flowers my MIL gave me, or work on some digital scrapbooking, or pay bills and work on a budget, or just lay in bed and read a book all night... But instead... I got caught up on the computer (like always) catching up on blogs and facebook and pinterest. I spend the night reading stories of people I don't even know but somehow came across their blogs. It was humbling. I don't know if it was just something in the air but lately I have been dwelling on things that don't matter. I just think of all the things I want to do to the house or all the things I wish I had or wish we could do. Mike and I had a good talk last night and he asked me if I was happy where I was. I had to sit and think. Of course I am happy. I couldn't think of any reason why I shouldn't be happy. I have a beautiful baby girl that is so full of life and so much fun! I have a wonderful husband who loves me and I love him, sisters that I can call in a drop of a hat and ask them anything or just talk to, Family who helps us take care of Jordyn when I have to work, the gospel, a nice house, a job, money to pay our bills, heat, food, and so much more. I hate that I get caught up in all the things I don't have and don't really appreciate the things we do have. I was looking at the goals I made in 2011 and realized that I didn't accomplish any of them... sad I know... but I have more hope for this year. :) My priorities have changed a lot in the last year and one of the things I want to work the most on is enjoying life right now right here. I sometimes feel like I am always waiting for the next thing to happen and I don't enjoy things that are happening right now. I want to enjoy every minute of Jordyn even if that means that I go down stairs and up stairs 800 times a day. I want to play with her more and give her the attention that she desires from me. I have lots of other goals too but they are not things I want to share... :) I just wanted to write down some of my feelings tonight to just remind myself that I am SO BLESSED! Life is good and gets better every day. I know that heavenly father watches over me and helps me to learn things in different ways and knows what I need to focus on in my life! So I guess it wasn't a wasted night but hopefully I can be more productive tomorrow night! :)
Friday, January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love this post! That happens to me all the time! I know exactly how you feel. Sometmes i'm even mad if Ella wakes up from her nap and I haven't looked at all the blogs yet, sooo sad! I also go up and down the stairs 800 times a day! haha
ReplyDeleteLauren
i love this post too! love you!
ReplyDelete