Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blessed!

I am still sitting here on the couch in shock of the nights activities. I can't even express how thankful and blessed we are. My sister came to hang out with me tonight while Mike was at school and we decided to go to babies r us. Well on our way home we were waiting at a red light before getting on the freeway. The light turned green and we went. Another Lancer ran the red light and t-boned us. They were going 40-50 miles per hour and didn't even tap their brakes. They hit us so hard it tipped the car on the side. I was in shock. I didn't see it coming till Kelly screamed and they hit us. Immediately we had so many people surrounding the car trying to help us. All I could do was scream for someone to get my baby out of the back seat. I was hysterical. My sister was able to climb back there and assure me that she was ok. She wasn't even crying (which was why I was so hysterical). Kelly was able to get her out and hand her to someone and then climb out of the car and take her. She only started crying because a stranger was holding her. Her car seat was amazing and she didn't budge! I was sideways hanging from my seat belt. I finally got up the strength to hold myself up and take the seat belt off. I then climbed out. WOW! I am not sure how we were both walking without injury! My sister had a little road rash on her elbow and our backs are SORE! But other than that we are totally fine. I just can't even imagine what could have happened! I am just so grateful for the people that stopped to help us. We had the nicest couple that just stood by our side and helped us with anything. Life is short and I am so grateful! The couple that helped us emailed me a couple pics of the car before they flipped it over and pushed it out of the road...


Let the insurance nightmare begin!!!

5 comments:

  1. oh Barb I am so so so glad that you and Jordyn and your sister are ok! How terrifying!! I would have been so hysterical too-- "my baby my baby!" Thank heavens for carseats and nice people. Oh I'm so glad you guys are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so scary! Especially with Jordyn in there! So glad you guys were all safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I am so glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That is a crazy story. I hope everything goes smoothly with the insurance and that you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barb! How terrible! I am so glad you guys are ok. I want to know what happened to the other car!

    ReplyDelete