Tuesday, December 14, 2010

0 Days!

As I opened my google home page today to see the countdown to baby Knaub at 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds it made me a little sad... maybe a little bitter too. I know most first time mom's go over on their due date but I was so hoping I would be an exception to the rule... No such luck. So to celebrate my due date... I stopped and got my favorite breakfast sandwich from Kneaders for breakfast and a yummy smoothie! It was the only way I was going to get myself to go to work today. Well I finally got some good news at the doctor today. He is inducing me on Thursday!!!!!!! YAY! He kept telling me if I didn't progress at all then he would make me wait till the 21st. Well this last week, baby and I have been working hard to get us both ready. Lots and lots of walking. It definitely paid off. I was dilated to a 4 today. So really the baby could come at any time but for sure by Thursday! I am so excited. Not only to hold this sweet little girl finally but to not be pregnant anymore. I am ready for the next step. I know it is going to be a life changing experience for us but bring it on. :) Mike looked a little terrified when he said Thursday but I know he will be the best dad! Check back soon to see our cute baby girl!!!

7 comments:

  1. AH! Yeah!!! Can't wait...That is so exciting...Hope all is well, so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!!! my sister in law is being induced on Thursday too! For your sake I hope she comes earlier--- Maylee came three days late. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember that, watching your due date come and then pass. Way depressing! Your little lady might come earlier, that's what Lucy did. I was scheduled to be induced on a Monday and she came on that Friday before. Good luck!! It's such an amazing experience. My advice is take advantage of the nursery at night and get some rest! Childbirth wears you out! I'm so excited for you Barbs!! Have Mike post some pictures when she arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSSOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited for you guys! Ans I cant wait to see pictures and hear the story! Good luck! And at least this way you can totally be prepared and get up and shower and eat and stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to meet this baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh tommorrow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Hope everything goes well. You will love being a mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete